The deadline of the registration is extended!
The dead line of registration is extended to 8th September 2004.
About the participation of the programs with no communication functions
We can receive the registration from the program that does not have the communication function. The operator uses another program that have communication function to communicate with the server manually. However, the time for this manual operation is counted as part of the playing time. If there is the mistake of the move input operation, the program lose the game automatically.
About Communication Match
We use the NNGS protocols on TCP/IP Network in this year's games. The more detail information is summarized to the following page.
About Communication Match<2004.09.15 We release the library of communication match>
Gifu Challenge 2004
- Deadline of the registration for participating: September 8th, 2004
- Tournament: October 2nd-3rd, 2004
- A computer go program written by yourself.
- Deputy may(must) be present in case of the programmer's absence.
- No computer hardware will be supplied. You must bring your own computer.
Rules of the Championship:
- All games will be played in Japanese rule.
- The handicap(komi) will be 6.5 points.
- Time limit for each player is 40 minutes. There will be no byo-yomi(overtime).
- Your program must play the game according to the NNGS protocols using TCP/IP Network. (We can receive the registration from the programs that have no communiction function)
- The Game is stopped at the following cases.
- Both programs pass continuously. (Each program shows the result on own monitor.(The information of board, dead stones, and the counting results.) Operators compare these results of both program manually. When the results are not coincide, the referee judges the results.)
- One of the prgorams resigns.
- One of the operators resigns.
- One side exceeds the time limit.
- The game has progressed the 400th ply. The pass move is included in the count.(The referee judges the result)
- The program or the operator breaks the rules.
- Games pairing and placing will be decided by a modified Swiss System.
Registration of Participating the Championship:
Please fill in the Registration Form and send to following address.
The Gifu Challenge 2004 World Computer Go Championship Registration Form
Name of the Chief Author:
Name of the Applicant:
(If the Chief author and the Applicant are not same)
Name of the Deputy Operator:
(If the Applicant and the Operator are not same)
Names of Team members:
Names of Authors:
(Please write down the names of all the authors of the original part of your program, including the Chief author)
Computer (CPU / clock):
The Mailing List for the Gifu Challenge 2004 Participants:
English / Japanese / Both
(Please be sure to choose one)