As in last year's championship, we will be using NNGS protocols via a TCP/IP Network. More detailed information is summarized on the following page.
Championship Protocols<2005.09.19 Update>
Participation of Programs with no Communication Functions
We can still receive the registrations from programs that do not have the communication function. The operator uses another program that have communication functions to communicate with the server manually. However, the time for this manual operation is counted as part of the playing time. If there is the mistake of the move input operation, the program will lose the game automatically.
Gifu Challenge 2005
- Deadline of the registration for participating: October 5th, 2005
- Tournament: October 29th-30th, 2005
- A computer Go program written by yourself.
- Deputies may be present in case of the programmer's absence. (Applicants who need deputy operators (and can't find them), please inform us when you send in your Registration Form. We will try to find operators and machines for you. Please see the page of "Detail of the machines and operator")
Rules of the Championship:
- All games will be played by Japanese rules.
- The handicap(komi) will be 6.5 points.
- Time limit for each player is 40 minutes. There will be no byo-yomi(overtime).
- Your program must play the game according to the NNGS protocols using a TCP/IP Network. (Although we can receive registrations from the programs that don't have the communiction function.)
- The Game will be stopped in the following circumstances.
- Both programs pass continuously. (Each program shows the result on own monitor.(The information board, dead stones, and counting results.) Operators compare these results of both program manually. When the results do not coincide, the referee judges the results.)
- One of the programs resigns.
- One of the operators resigns.
- One side exceeds the time limit.
- The game has progressed the 400th ply. Pass moves will be included in the count.(The referee will judge the results)
- The program or the operator breaks the rules.
Registration of Participating the Championship:
Please fill in the Registration Form and send it to the following address.
The Gifu Challenge 2005 World Computer Go Championship Registration Form
Name of the Chief Author:
Name of the Applicant:
(If the Chief author and the Applicant are not the same)
Name of the Deputy Operator:
(If the Applicant and the Operator are not the same)
Names of Team members:
Names of Authors:
(Please write down the names of all the authors of the original part of your program, including the Chief author)
Computer (CPU / clock):
The Mailing List for the Gifu Challenge 2005 Participants:
English / Japanese / Both
(Please be sure to choose one)